Sunday 20 May 2018

Week 1




Technically it has been over a week now, but some of that was sorta-vacation-ish rather than I-live-here-now-ish. Though it will take some time before the latter really starts to sink in.

The weather was really hot initially, though we thankfully got a reprieve for a few days where it was more overcast. We will be heading to 31C soon again, but I think I'm starting to adapt a little bit. Mostly this involves washing a lot of shirts, because they get sweaty pretty quick.

I went to the farmer's market with Jason yesterday. The first photo is from the walk home. There's a vineyard in the middle of town, which you can see in the distance. Makes for an interesting view on the walk though.

I just spent some time today wandering around what I think is the the Mission Creek area of town, named after the missionary Father Pandosy who is a historical figure here. There were a lot of coffee shop, fitness shops, gyms, and restaurants. It felt like Whyte Avenue if the bars turned into gyms in order to burn off the beer bellies they'd created.

Starting to get used to the routine a little. Or maybe I am developing a routine? Early days though. :)

No major updates otherwise. Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment